- This website with URL addresses: www.harperbernays.com.au and client.harperbernays.com.au (Website) is owned and operated by Harper Bernays Limited (ABN 32 003 148 794) (Harper Bernays).
- Harper Bernays also owns the following domain names and web pages linked to the Website:www.harperbernays.com.au
- Harper Bernays collects and uses Personal Information from visitors to the Website, including information or opinions which are capable of identifying visitors, such as the visitor’s name, address, contact telephone numbers or email address (Personal Information). Harper Bernays does not wish to collect information about visitors which is sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), being information or opinions about the visitor’s health, political affiliations, sexual preferences, religious beliefs, racial or ethnic origin or other such private information.
- Information collected
- Harper Bernays may collect Personal Information about you from related bodies corporate of Harper Bernays Partners (see section 5), from our distributors and other service providers and when you request information about our products and services. We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary for one or more of our functions.
- Storage of Personal Information
Harper Bernays will use its reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, modification or disclosure, maintain the security of your Personal Information and make the Website as secure as possible against unauthorised access. Harper Bernays’ officers, employees, agents and third party contractors are expected to observe the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Despite its reasonable endeavours, Harper Bernays is unable to ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted to Harper Bernays and all Personal Information disclosed by you to Harper Bernays is at your own risk.
- Harper Bernays may use your Personal Information to inform you about the Website, goods, services, offers or other matters which Harper Bernays believes are of interest to you.
- Harper Bernays may provide your Personal Information to its related bodies corporate. You acknowledge and agree that Harper Bernays may also disclose your Personal Information to sponsors, business partners, distributors, suppliers, associates and other entities (Partners) who may send you information about their products and services.
- Harper Bernays’ related bodies corporate and Partners may be located both in and outside Australia.
- If you subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive information or direct marketing communications from Harper Bernays or its Partners you may opt out by contacting the Privacy Officer appointed by Harper Bernays from time to time.
- Harper Bernays will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party (other than its related bodies corporate or a Partner) without your consent in writing, unless otherwise required by law, or unless such disclosure is reasonably necessary in the opinion of Harper Bernays to protect its rights or property or to avoid injury to any person. However, in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of the whole or part of the business of Harper Bernays, we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information as part of any such transaction.
- The Website may contain direct links to other sites operated by Partners or other third parties. You acknowledge that such sites are not operated by Harper Bernays. Advertisements on the Website and links to or from other sites do not constitute sponsorship, approval, endorsement of the content, policies, practices or services offered on those advertisements or sites.
- Access to information collected by Harper Bernays
- Harper Bernays will use its reasonable endeavours to keep your Personal Information accurate, up-to-date and complete. You may obtain access to the Personal Information which Harper Bernays has collected about you via its Website by contacting the Privacy Officer appointed by Harper Bernays from time to time. Harper Bernays will use its reasonable endeavours to provide a complete list of your Personal Information within a reasonable period after receipt of your enquiry. Harper Bernays reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for this service.
- Harper Bernays, at its discretion, may refuse to grant you access to your Personal Information to the extent that such denial is permitted by the Australia Privacy Principles. If Harper Bernays refuses your request to access your Personal Information under the Australia Privacy Principles, Harper Bernays must, in writing:(a) where reasonable, give reasons for the refusal; and(b) notify you of the mechanisms to complain about the refusal; and(c) inform you of any other matter prescribed by the regulation.
- Correction of Personal Information collected by Harper Bernays
- If Harper Bernays is satisfied your Personal Information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete or irrelevant, or if you request Harper Bernays to correct your Personal Information Harper Bernays must take reasonable steps to correct your Personal Information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
- Harper Bernays must respond to a request by you to correct your Personal Information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
- Harper Bernays will not charge you a fee for the making of the request or for correcting your Personal Information.
- If Harper Bernays has previously disclosed your Personal Information to another entity, Harper Bernays will take reasonable steps to notify the other entity of the correction (unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so) if you make such a request.If Harper Bernays refuses your request to correct information, Harper Bernays must, in writing:
- (a) give reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so; and
- (b) notify you of the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal; and
- (c) inform you of any other matters prescribed by the regulations.
- Destruction of Personal Information collect by Harper Bernays
Where Harper Bernays no longer requires Personal Information it has collected and stored and is not required by or under an Australian law, or an order of a court or tribunal, to retain the information, Harper Bernays will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is no longer Personal Information.
If you have any complaints regarding an interference of your privacy you may contact the Privacy Officer appointed by Harper Bernays from time to time on (02) 9223 4044, or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at PO Box N697, Grosvenor Place NSW 1220.